Al-Quds (GPA) – “Israel” and Gaza reached a ceasefire Wednesday after a two-day exchange of fire that began Sunday, with ‘Israel’ breaking the previous ceasefire.

The violence struck when Israeli Occupational Forces (IOF) infiltrated Gaza in a civilian vehicle waging an attack against the leadership and command of Hamas: the main resistance faction fighting Israel’s incursions on Gaza and organizing weekly Great Return Marches in attempts to break the 11-year long blockade.

One Israeli soldier was also killed in the botched attack. Israeli media and reports initially denied the reports of the soldier’s death once Palestinian sources and photographs of the deceased soldier’s military garb became circulated online.

An airstrike blitz followed with “Israel” launching 40 rockets into Gaza providing ground coverage for the safe exit of their soldiers after shooting and killing Hamas commander Nour el-Deen Baraka, 37.

By the end of Tuesday, “Israel” struck over 160 locations in the Gaza Strip — including civilian infrastructure — killing a total of seven Palestinians. The IOF shellings destroyed fisherman lodges, a hotel, a kindergarten, and and the Al-Quds news center later that night.

Airstrikes also targeted and destroyed the Al-Aqsa media station in a possible attempt to cover up documentation and footage from Gazan sources about Israeli war crimes.

Read more about Israeli attacks on Palestine:

7 Palestinians, Including 2 Children, Slain in Great Return Marches by Israeli Forces

Palestinians Denounce Hollywood Stars’ $60m for Israeli Army Terror

Israeli Occupying Forces Bombard 80 Gaza Locations [Video]

Israel Bombs 60 Gaza Targets in Just 24 Hours


Israeli forces attack Al-Aqsa news station.

Furthermore, Israeli warplanes destroyed numerous family homes. Bombs obliterated the two-story family residencies of the Dahair family in Rafah city, another home belonging to al-Breem family in Khan Younis city, and the buildings of the Aidi and al-Yazji families in Gaza City.

20-year-old fisherman Nawaf Attar was shot and killed by the IOF in his boat Wednesday, fishing near the Gazan fence, later dying in the hospital of wounds sustained from the gunfire.

A very difficult night in Gaza. occupation army's calculated airstrikes targeting civilian infrastructure: TV building,…

Posted by Moneeb Saada on Monday, November 12, 2018

Following the IOF attacks, the Palestinian resistance group Islamic Jihad warned on Tuesday that “unexpected is coming in the coming hours,” adding that the resistance command has “expanded their range of fire.”

“The resistance’s decision now concerns Zionist Settlers in Tel Aviv: stay in your shelters,” Al-Quds Brigade’s spokesperson Abu Hamza said.

According to Euro-Med Monitor, nine civilian buildings were destroyed — displacing over 100 families. Among the murdered were Mohammad al-Qarra, 23, Alaa Qweeder, 22, Mustafa abu-Odeh, 21, and Mahmoud Musabbeh, 25.

Since Sunday, Israeli attacks and bombings have killed around 15 Palestinians.

Hamas responded to the assassination by firing at least 460 rockets into occupied territory in an hour.

Resistance forces in Palestine also successfully destroyed a bus full of Israeli Occupying Forces which the Israeli occupying entity wrongfully claimed was a commuter bus in hopes to justify disproportionate retaliatory strikes on Gaza.

Video courtesy Al-Manar

Zionists on social media platforms such as Twitter attempted to distort the successes of Palestinian resistance factions against Zionist military targets by showing an unrelated video of a commuter bus fire.

Footage of a 2014 bus fire in Jerusalem was used to try to falsely claim that Hamas had struck a civilian bus. The Al-Aqsa airstrike was carried out shortly after the station showed footage of Hamas striking the Zionist army bus.

Fake bus footage which “Israel” likely spread in response to the successful ambush of the Zionist IOF bus attack:

A ceasefire was brokered under Egypt’s oversight on Tuesday between the Al-Qassam Brigades and “Israel” who had a delayed response to initial calls for the ceasefire.

In response to the ceasefire, Prime Minister Avigdor Lieberman — a hardliner on issues of war and aggression against Gaza — resigned. Lieberman claimed the reinstatement of the ceasefire was “surrendering to terror.” Meanwhile, his resigning — along with the ceasefire — was regarded as a victory by Palestinians.

Later, Israeli Aliyah and Integration Minister, Sofa Landver, of the right-wing Yisrael Beiteinu Party resigned.

Large groups of Zionist settlers, mostly in the southern city of Sderot, also protested the ceasefire chanting “Bibi go home.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin “Bibi” Netanyahu hastened to call for elections following the ceasefire in a last-ditch attempt to save his cabinet despite elections in the Zionist entity not officially scheduled until November 2019.

Resistance factions have claimed victory with Gazans celebrating over the terms of the ceasefire under the final word of Gazan resistance factions rather than Israel’s terms.

Lebanese resistance group Hezbollah — which has provided various levels of support to Hamas — issued a congratulatory statement Wednesday to Gazans on their resistance efforts.

The statement issued “a strong message confirming that the resistance is able to thwart any aggression,” adding that “the Palestinian people are greater than all the conspiracies[…]against them” relegating Trump’s “deal of the so-called century[…]an illusion.”

Hezbollah secretary-general Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah confirmed Tuesday that the Lebanese resistance group had coordinated the weapons transfer to two locations in Gaza.

“We are honored that we participated in the transfer of Coronet rockets to the Gaza strip,” he said, with the sarcastic injunction that “whoever wants to condemn us for this action may do so.”

The flare-up is regarded, by various news outlets and analysts, as the most violent and intense in Gaza since 2014.

Featured photo: Israeli airstrikes on Gaza striking civilian infrastructure, Facebook.