Sana’a (GPA) – Yemen’s revolutionary government has unveiled another new ballistic missile system for defending the country against foreign aggression. This is Yemen’s first official development of smart missile technology for defending civilians from US-Saudi terror.
The Rocketry Force of Yemen’s Army and Popular Committees revealed the new Badr 1P system after an initial test on Saudi-sponsored Sudanese mercenaries on the West Coast front in Hodeidah province. This new development serves yet another blow to both the Saudi coalition and American military technology.
Badr 1P Smart Ballistic Missile System
The Rocketry Force released a statement on Saturday, October 27th about the incredible new development of Badr 1P. According to the statement, the 1P technology is derived from the Badr 1: a Yemeni-made short-range ballistic missile system revealed earlier this year.
Like the Badr 1, the 1P boasts an accuracy of 3 meters.
Although this is the Sana’a government’s first unveiling of domestically made precision smart weapons, the Rocketry Force says that it plans to reveal even more exciting missile systems soon.
According to the Rocketry Force’s statement, the Badr 1P was developed as a deterrent after nearly four years of persistent attacks on civilians and state leaders from the forces of aggression — particularly Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States.
Coalition warplanes routinely target civilian gatherings and infrastructure such as weddings, funerals, crowded weekend markets, and homes. In August, the Saudi Coalition attacked a school bus full of children in Saada province massacring over 50, mostly children. Riyadh initially defended the attack as a legitimate military action but walked back their claim after international condemnation.
In August, a United Nations team of experts investigated various attacks on civilians in Yemen. Their report concluded that the Coalition’s use of precision-guided smart missiles and subsequent double-tap attacks implies that these routine attacks on civilians are entirely intentional.
The US-backed Saudi-led Coalition also assassinated the revolutionary Sana’a government’s president, Saleh al-Samad, in April of this year. The Rocketry Force’s statement says this provided an exceptional incentive to move forward with missile development as an “indispensable force for any country seeking sovereignty and aspiring for independence.”
The Sana’a government’s new president, Mahdi al-Mashat, attended the Badr 1P unveiling.
Read more about the war in Yemen:
GPA Editor Delivers Statement about Illegal Blockade of Yemen to UNHRC in Response to Yemen GEE Report
US-Sponsored Saudi Terror in Yemen
The United States provides the vast majority of military support to the Saudi-led Coalition’s war against Yemen including
- Bombs, missiles, and artillery
- Fighter jets and mid-air refueling for warplanes en route to attack civilians
- Naval ships for enforcing the devastating blockade
- Ground troops for military training
- Logistic and intelligence support for selecting airstrike targets
The Saudi Coalition attacks on civilians appear to be part of their military strategy to strike terror in the hearts of the Yemeni populace and deteriorate morale on the ground. The use of precision-guided missiles and double-tap attacks on ambulances and media crews suggest that these attacks on civilians are no accidents.
Although the airstrikes have killed or injured over 36,000 people in the past three and a half years, the unlawful blockade and siege has killed tens of thousands more. The blockade appears to be part of the Coalition’s strategy to weaponize famine and disease to beat Yemen into submission.
In stark contrast, Yemen’s Army and Popular Committees loyal to Ansarullah (aka the Houthis) only attack military targets as part of their strategy — not civilian targets. The Badr 1P serves as another blow to the Coalition as they continue their offensive to occupy Hodeidah port without victory.
Also published on Medium.